My First Post and My first 2 months with UC

It's the day after Xmas and i'm sitting on the hospital bed waiting for the nurse to come by and give my the pain meds that i have been ringing for about an hour and half and still nothing. So has I sit here i fiqure i would do somethign with my life and start this blog, if people read it great if they dont it's cool this mostly a place for me to writemy thoughts down about my life so i can keep myself from losing my mind. it's start at the the basic's ok.
I'm a 26 years old male living in the city of new york with diease that has no cure and no it's not aids or HIV !!! before anyone get's the wrong idea its call Ucler Colitis here is what this diease is for you guys that dont know.

Ulcerative colitis (Colitis ulcerosa, UC) is a form of inflammatory bowel disease (IBD). Ulcerative colitis is a form of colitis, a disease of the intestine, specifically the large intestine or colon, that includes characteristic ulcers, or open sores, in the colon. The main symptom of active disease is usually constant diarrhea mixed with blood, of gradual onset. Ulcerative colitis is, however, a systemic disease that affects many parts of the body outside the intestine. Because of the name, IBD is often confused with irritable bowel syndrome ("IBS"), a troublesome, but much less serious condition. Ulcerative colitis has similarities to Crohn's disease, another form of IBD. Ulcerative colitis is an intermittent disease, with periods of exacerbated symptoms, and periods that are relatively symptom-free. Although the symptoms of ulcerative colitis can sometimes diminish on their own, the disease usually requires treatment to go into remission.
Ulcerative colitis occurs in 35-100 people for every 100,000 in the United States,[1] or less than 0.1% of the population. The disease tends to be more common in northern areas. Although ulcerative colitis has no known cause, there is a presumed genetic component to susceptibility. The disease may be triggered in a susceptible person by environmental factors. Although dietary modification may reduce the discomfort of a person with the disease, ulcerative colitis is not thought to be caused by dietary factors. Although ulcerative colitis is treated as though it were an autoimmune disease, there is no consensus that it is such. Treatment is with anti-inflammatory drugs, immunosuppression, and biological therapy targeting specific components of the immune response. Colectomy (partial or total removal of the large bowel through surgery) is occasionally necessary, and is considered to be a cure for the disease.

here is the link where i found this information:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ulcerative_colitis

Anywayz that's what i'm living with. I love how they say that the diease will go in to remissin with the rite drugs which in my case isn't true i hadnt been pain-free or symptoms free in over two years since I frist got the news that i have this

Ok so now that you have an idea of what i'm living with here are the basic info about me that i hadn't metion yet.
i'm 26 years old male,hispanic(dominican),no kids,i dont drink(thanks to my diease),smoke,or do drugs(weed,coc,etc).My hobbies are video games,reading,blogging,napping, and speading my xmas in a hospital bed in pain lol and writing my blogg lol.

I read somewhere that i could live a normal life with this diease boy was that wrong.When i was frist told about this problem i had a great job working for UPS, they paid well i like my co-workers about the best job I ever had lol. Once i got sick they fired me,lost my girlfriend at the time she didnt want to deal with the stress of seeing me lose about 80 pound in a span of a month and a half. This was about 2 years ago Jan.07 . I spend the first month of the new year in ths hospital getting treatment for this problem getting all the drugs at were to help me with this problem. They worked it took them a month like i said for it to get me to the point were i was finally released from the hospital . I remerber it like it was yesterday my first weekend home you know after my frist real stay in a hopsital since i was like 5 years old,before all of this i had never broken a since bone in my body . So i get home and i 'm just laying around you know trying to get the engery to get back in to the real world. I remerber going to bed friday nite in some pain but nothing to bad.
The following morning i woke with the worst pain in my butt that i have ever expeniced in my life. So here i am layin in bed and i can't even lay on my back because of the pain, so i fiqure maybe this is a reaction to of the meds that they have me on. So I try to get up and i can't even move becuase of the pain and mind you i played football in high school,wrestled and played baseball. Walking from my bed to the bathroom i had to bend over like an old man who had seen to many winters ...so i walked to that bathroom and sat down to do my business. When I was done i noticed that when i wiped there was ball of flesh growing down there now im not a medical doctor but i dont think that was suppose to be growing there and when i touched it would hurt like a really big pimple that needs to be popped. After doing this gross self exam on myself i'm like let me shower and maybe that would make me feel better so here i am in the shower at 7am lay standing in there just letting the hot water melt away all the anexity that i have going,after about an hour of standing I'm like screw this i'm tired so i lay laided in my tub for about a other 5 hours that's rite i said 5 hours ,cant u believe that the best way for me to get this thing to stop hurting was lay in hot water. This was saturday afternoon and nite.....so here goes sunday morning after a nite of unrest(i spend most of the night in the tub again) sunday morning is here my mom is here in the room asking me whats going on while am i living in the tub like aquaman and that i should have grown gils by now. I tell her what the problem is and she is like let me take a look so she tooks at this nasty pimple ball thing going on inner half of my butt cheek(yeah that wasnt greatest day of my life)She is like ooooooo it's a really big ball thingy and she goes and pushes it in and let me tell you i have never yelled so loud in my life in pain. My mom is oooo that hurt i'm like yeah woman,she says lets wait to go to see your G.I doctor tommrow so here i spend a other nite in the tub at this point i brought my psp and my tv in there i mite has well watch and play while i wait for all this wonderful time to pass before i can see the doctor.
MONDAY morning is here i go to see my G.I doctor and here i am walking to the doctors office and i'm still bend over like willow in a torndo lol. I see the doctor and he looks at this nasty thing i got growing and he is like oo it's an anal fistoa(i mispell dont fell like lookin up the rite spelling)in other word i have a ball of puss that is growing on the inside of my ass cheek and i'm need to have it removed asap. So he writes up this letter to the ppl in the ER that i need to have it remove has soon has possailbe or i could die. So here i am back inthe ER 3 days after being released fromt he hospital. Now this part in the story things get a lil hazie but i'll try to give u the best idea about whats going with it ....ok so I remerber being in so much pain that i had to get like 5cc of morphine, afte tha shot i remerber being taking to the CT scan and drinking some contrast for that test..then i remerber them putting on that crappy hopsital dress thingy lol (i just got my pain meds so i'm a lil light head has i write this ,only took her an hour to give it to me) anywayz next thing i remerber im on the way to operation room and being told to count to 1 from 100 backwards..........bang im knocked out and I wake up in my hopsital bed in like 10 tens more pain then wat i came in with ,so they got the pain machine going that gives me the morphine in shots or whateva the case maybe ...then i get the doctors tell me the good news ready ready here is the good news they put a rubber latex tube in the big pimple thing i have growing in my butt to drain it now...this part i remerber because of how gross this shit was to see it dripping out for me for the next month...i'm end this part of the history on that note. i'll post next 3 months of my first year of UC in a short while.

What i hope to get out of this blogg is maybe some understand from people of what this diease is ,People understanding that i'm not some freak and that i'm just a normal 26 year who still tries to enjoy life the best i care. i hope to hear from your guys. and let ur frist know cuz i have great stories and i'm making new stories every day.

jay

Comments

Popular Posts